Ballistics division undertakes following examinations:
- Examination for serviceability/working condition of firearm (pistol & revolver).
- Examination for serviceability of ammunition (handgun / rifle).
- Determination of type, make and caliber of unfired cartridge/fired cartridge case.
- Determination of type and caliber of fired bullet.
- To determine whether the articles (alleged firearm/ammunition/parts thereof) falls.
- under the provision of the Arms Act, 1959/the Arms Rules, 2016 or not.